Wednesday 15 October 2014

Bored of Bauhaus

Okay, calm down. Despite the title I don't actually hate the Bauhaus movement, what I hate is sitting through an hour long German Documentary about it that required a lot more focus than I could give it. The title came from a snapchat I sent of the doodles I was doing when my concentration finally snapped and I gave up. 

While the lectures aren't at all boring and my lecturer is totally engaging, she's taken a lot of my group's classes when the tutor is away, I just find Wednesday to be kinda boring. 

It always seems to be really busy and rushed, the train is late or packed and I stand in a sort of daze on the train waiting for my stop. Then as soon as I get to uni everything slows down to mind numbingly boring pace and I can feel my brain turning to Jelly. We have drawing practice on Wednesday which consists of splitting an A3 page into 4 and doing 15 minute sketches before doing one big hour long drawing on a full A3 page. I seriously cannot do one drawing of a pretty boring object for an hour, Life drawing, portraiture, paintings, I don't mind doing for hours and hours, but drawing a crumpled up piece of magazine paper, yes that's what we drew, kills the limited concentration I have. 

I would almost hate Wednesday if it weren't for the free period between lunch and our lecture, I went down to the textiles room to finish, or begin to finish, the self portrait we did yesterday. I think I've gone a bit over board on the portrait, So far I've almost finished my skin/face, its abstract so the colours are all weird pastel shades and kinda geometric, but I still have the hair and background to do, which is like 3/4 of the painting. 
But whatever.

It's sitting in my room drying so I can take it back to uni tomorrow while I try to finish some pages in my uni journal, sort out some upcoming posts and get some research down for an upcoming essay, my lecture said I could do it about Raf Simmons which is a designer I've been wanting to look into for a while.

xxx
Rosie

No comments :

Post a Comment